Fine art services by Lena Nechet in Orange County, Southern California - private lessons, workshops, and painting.
What art media do you like? Acrylics, watercolor, graphite, charcoal, pastel, ink, or maybe a prime lens with a digital sensor? If you are interested in getting a piece of advice from a practicing artist to assist you in your progress, or to have an experience-rich working session, please let me know. We can schedule a composition class, a fine art workshop, theory or workflow lessons, or fun art parties.
I hope to be able to save your time in adapting techniques, to widen your perspective in visual arts, and to deepen your understanding. I will be happy to meet you in person anywhere in coastal Orange County, California.
My rate starts with $150 for a double-hour meeting. The price can depend on materials and distance.
Thank you for your consideration,
During our meetings and workshops, I can help you with adapting new techniques and experimenting with materials. I can offer my insight in analyzing composition, and also to provide you with all I know about the challenges of fine art creation.
- If you consider yourself to be a novice in fine arts, I will give you the best introduction I can into the world of visual design, and share my own most valuable findings.
- If you are interested in theoretical foundation of art, we can talk about
- value, light and shadow, contrast, line and volumes;
- color theory, color mixing, color combination, color perception;
- composition - balance, negative space, focus, rhythm, proportion, shape, asymmetry, etc
- For practical realization of your ideas, we can explore
- pigments and paint;
- mediums and additives;
- brushes and surfaces;
- strokes and layering;
- glazes and impasto, etc.
- If you like portraits or figure drawing, I can be your temporary dressed model and give you immediate feedback with further instructions between the short sessions.
If you are interested in testing new methods and materials, I can bring you some of my best art supplies and tools for demonstration and practice. We can also use your art materials and deepen your techniques.
Art media I know well:
- Acrylics: impasto, glazing, gesso, isolation layers;
- Watercolor: transparent, gouache;
- Sumi zen brush,
- Suminagashi ("floating ink" or marbling),
- Parallel and fountain pens;
- Dry media:
- Color: pastel, color pencils and sticks;
- Black and white: charcoal, graphite;
I love oils, but do not work with them anymore.
- I will be happy to meet you at your place, home or office. My own studio is currently set up in a shared environment. I can rent an office for some types of sessions, or even lightweight workshops.
- We can meet for sketching or painting outdoors, if you love plein air.
- We can meet in a cafe and discuss your work, and move on from there.
We can schedule 2-6 hour meetings on almost any day of the week, if planned ahead, starting from 10 am and possibly finishing by 10 pm as well, in case of a relaxing group session. For some types of activities daylight matters.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.