Let's have some nice time sharing a meal of fresh fruit. In 2018, I started hosting fruit potlucks - fruitlucks - in Oceanside, California on second Sundays. In 2020, we planned to meet every first Friday at five (5) pm, but had only two events. In 2022, I hope to continue.
Answers to Already Asked Questions:
- What kind of fruits should I bring?
Any kind, sweat or non-sweet, but tasty, ripe, and undamaged.
- What if I do not want fresh fruits or cannot get any?
Bring seeds, vegan salads, or fruit drinks, juices, or tea or coffee. Or bring fruits that others would likely enjoy.
- Do I need to bring drinks?
Only if you want to bring something special. We will have tap water and hibiscus herbal tea.
- How much fruit should I bring?
Enough to satiate 1-2 people. For example, 2 pounds of grapes, or 6 large apples, or a melon.
- Why only fruit?
- Fruits are one of the most environmentally friendly, ethical, healthy, and universal foods.
- Fruits are easy, no cooking, no special ingredients that someone might not like.
- Nobody else in my area organizes fruitarian events, the are rare everywhere, and as a long-term fruitarian I want to do something about it. Even vegan, vegetarian or plant-based gatherings are hard to find.
- People should eat more fresh fruits and vegetables (including non-sweet fruits like tomatoes, peppers, squash, eggplant, or cucumbers) to live longer and healthier.
- A fresh fruit meal might become an example to form a nice habit: once a month, a week, or even daily fruit only lunch or dinner.
- It is worth my effort to organize a fruitluck privately because restaurants rarely offer fruit dishes.
- I want to try to give good people a friendly environment to find friends - without advertisement, money pressure, distractions, but with a pleasant view on a tiny orchard.
Thank you and keep in touch!
Please review all the details below and RSVP. Twice we gathered outside in the garden on picnic blankets.
An environmentally-friendly and healthful semi-formal food event in North County San Diego, Southern California.
private gathering, fruit, fruitarian, raw vegan, vegan, raw food, plant-based, vegetarian, food event, potluck, San Diego, North County, Oceanside, California