Let's have some nice time sharing a meal of fresh fruit - please bring your favorites, ready to eat, and we will enjoy them together during a conversation.
In 2018, I started hosting fruit potlucks - fruitlucks - in Oceanside, California on Sundays.
In 2020, we will meet on every first Friday at five (5) pm.
- Confirm that you are coming before the day of the event.
If it is your first time, please text me your name and a short introduction, and I will send you the exact address by the morning of the event day:
- Bring fruit - fresh, clean, and ready to serve, your favorite or seasonal.
My place is to the North of the airport on 76, on a hill (see the map below).
How We Do It:
- We place food in one place and load our plates with what we like.
- We use porcelain plates and silverware - no need to bring plastic one-time use items.
- We can sit in a circle at a large table in a room, and if more people want to come, we can also sit by a coffee table the the the bar stand. Once we gathered outside by the garden on picnic blankets.
Answers to Already Asked Questions:
- What if I do not want fresh fruits or cannot get any?
Bring seeds, vegan salads, or fruit drinks, juices, or tea or coffee. Or bring fruits that others would likely enjoy.
- Do I need to bring drinks?
Only if you want to bring something special. We will have filtered water and hibiscus tea.
- What kind of fruits should I bring?
Any kind, sweat or non-sweet, but tasty, ripe, and undamaged.
- How much fruit should I bring?
Enough to satiate 1-2 people. For example, 2 pounds of grapes, or 6 large apples, or a melon.
- Will I need to take my shoes off?
- How about parking?
There is plenty of street parking in the court and on the crossing street.
- Why only fruit?
- Fruits are one of the most environmentally friendly, ethical, healthy, and universal foods.
- Fruits are easy, no cooking, no special ingredients that someone might not like.
- Nobody else in my area organizes fruitarian events, the are rare everywhere, and as a long-term fruitarian I want to do something about it. Even vegan, vegetarian or plant-based gatherings are hard to find.
- People should eat more fresh fruits and vegetables (including non-sweet fruits like tomatoes, peppers, squash, eggplant, or cucumbers) to live longer and healthier.
- A fresh fruit meal might become an example to form a nice habit: once a month, a week, or even daily fruit only lunch or dinner.
- It is worth my effort to organize a fruitluck privately because restaurants rarely offer fruit dishes.
- I want to try to give good people a friendly environment to find friends - without advertisement, money pressure, distractions, but with a pleasant view on a tiny orchard.
Keep in touch!