Business × 13
All services (meetings and consultations) and products (unique, limited edition, and digital), and other business offers by Lena Nechet, in California and worldwide.
Custom Artwork × 8
Fine art services by Lena Nechet: art workshops in San Diego and Orange Counties of Southern California, custom artwork and design.
Originals: original works of fine art completed independently is my main concentration. You can purchase any available art work from my portfolio.
Commission: if you would like to define the object and possibly main colors of the artwork you buy, we could agree on terms for a portrait, a painting of a place, or an abstraction. Order custom artwork by requesting the creation of art pieces: paintings, drawings, hand-made illustration, and unique fashion designs.
Workshop: get a piece of advice from a practicing artist to assist you in your progress, or have an experience-rich art process session. We can schedule a composition class, a fine art workshop, art theory or workflow lessons, or fun art parties. I'll bring everything we need, or come over to my studio when I organize the next group workshop.
- Participate at a workshop or invite me to your side: what art media do you like?
- Fine art composition and media: color theory, workflow, acrylics, watercolor, graphite, charcoal, pastel, or ink?
- Photography and field productions: manual mode with your camera, or testing a prime lens?
- Fun art party: suminagashi or printing sessions for your teens? Let me know!
Media production services and products by Lena Nechet in Orange County, CA and worldwide: videography, hybrid photography, websites, vector graphics, logos.
Language × 20
Language lessons, mediation, interpreting and translation - German, English, Russian, Ukrainian.
Language Lessons × 4
Learn languages in personal sessions - lessons and courses:
- German: beginner, business, grammar;
- Russian: beginner to advanced, literary;
- English: beginner, for Russian speakers.
Course materials in this section of the site become available to my registered students as they move up from lesson to lesson.
- If you are already my client, please create an account, so I can assign you to the right level, and you can get the access to the files.
- Log in and download the audio and text files to practice after first hours of our lessons. Sections with the links will appear in this section gradually, as soon as you reach the next level or after we have practiced certain exercises.
Types of Files
After logging in, you will find:
- audio recordings of speech,
- with the matching text files ( usually .pdf),
- images with grammar visualization, tables, etc.
- some video containing speech in German,
- recordings for the background listening,
- and instructions on how to get the best value from them.
Trilingual translations and real-time interpreting services.
Art Portfolio × 3
Currently featured artwork by Lena Nechet: fine art works, photography, and film.
- I make fine art because it is my passion.
- I photograph because the beauty is overwhelming.
- I montage films to share admiration of people and movement.
Art - expression of creative skill and imagination, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
Fine Art × 0
Hand made graphic artwork - fine art objects made by applying pigments to a surface, by Lena Nechet.
Painting × 27
Water media paintings - aquarelle (watercolor), gouache, and acrylics.
Painting is a mode of creative expression. I general, paintings can be naturalistic and representational, realistic (still life or landscape), abstract, narrative, symbolic (symbolist art), emotive (expressionism), or political in nature (artivism). As for me, most often I work in abstract portraits and symbolic expression.
Drawing × 11
Dry media paintings, or drawings, are drawn by hand with sticks or pencils, like pastel, graphite, charcoal, etc.
Pen and Ink × 3
Artwork made using various inks, including sumi and ecological, and implements like fountain pens, technical, or parallel pens.
Sketch × 1
Studies, anatomy and urban sketching, gesture drawing, underpainting, and work in progress.
Photography × 7
Art photography by a fine art painter, Lena Nechet.
Film × 7
Films and videography by Lena Nechet: movies and video made primarily in Southern California.
Studio × 19
Art studio for fine arts and media productions: work in progress, studies, swatches, experimentation, equipment, sets, workflow.
Lena Nechet × 4
This section of the site is about me personally, my professional and private life, my passions and thoughts.
Here you can find:
- my introduction with some formal information: CV, resume, references, etc;
- something about who I am as a person - informal information and blog;
- how to contact me, including connecting via social networks.
The image with my simplified face is also a QR code that you can scan with your phone to get to my site.
About × 8
Informal and personal information about me: my self-description, origins, childhood, and adult life.
Origins × 16
Family, birthplace, circumstances.
Changing cultures taught me that people like to check where you came from to reduce their own barrier from your strangeness, and I am all for it. I love people's stories, and here is mine.
Childhood × 10
My early years of life, till onset of puberty.
Adolescence × 2
Adolescence (growing up) was a transitional stage of physical and psychological development. In my life, it lasted from puberty to adulthood: my teenage years and my early twenties.
Adulthood × 7
Maturity, independence, grown up years (25 - present).
My whole adult life, till now, I lived primarily in Germany and US.
Blog × 25
My web log contains a collection of my short and longer writings in various styles, vlog, and other publications: flow of present moments, now, current happenings and activities, mental states, immersion, focus, involvements, moods, feelings, and states of mind.
Essays - pieces of writing by that present arguments, formal and informal, including some official submissions and course work.
Journal - periodically and randomly published records of personal experiences and observations.
Essay × 1
My longer texts, including formal essay for college.
Privately, I classify my information in a multidimensional system resembling a cube with protuberances.
Here are some of the themes that interest me about nature and society:
- Arts and filmmaking;
- Programming, web development, and business;
- Ecology, orcharding, nutrition, and ethical lifestyle;
- Finance, investment, and civil law.
- Linguistics, public speaking, and creative writing;
- Planning, design, science, culture, politics and economy;
- Literature, poetry, and non-fiction;
- Technology, internet, communication, and people;
- Health and introspection.
Vlog × 2
Video logs by Lena Nechet - videos from daily life.
Favorites × 0
My favorite pieces of creation and existence.
Quotes × 37
Expressions full of meaning or beauty, favorite or simply very interesting sayings, concepts, thoughts, ideas, understandings, notions, opinions, views, believes, intentions, and ideals.
Reading × 5
I list here books I read, nowadays primarily e-books and audio-books.
Literature for me is an art form, writing that has both artistic and intellectual value. Fiction, mostly classic, I read overwhelmingly in the first part of my life - poetry or prose. Non-fiction is what I prefer now.
- Literature - writings that have artistic or intellectual value, fiction or nonfiction, poetry and prose: novels, stories, drama of all genres, also speech and oral literature, and other non-written verbal art forms.
- Science - systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment, a system of knowledge of general laws, obtained and tested through scientific method.
- Politics- the art or science of government, governance, power, leadership, competing interests.
- Economics- a social science of production, distribution and consumption of goods and services.
- Culture - social behavior and norms in human societies, anthropology.
- Technology - the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes.
Poetry and Koan × 1
My favorite poems, lyrics, literature that uses aesthetic and rhythmic qualities of language, as well as short prose and koans, etc.
Poetry is a form of literature that uses aesthetic and rhythmic qualities of language. This form of art is thousands years old, and originated in Africa.
To me it is the music of speech, I love rhythm and rhyme.
Koan is a puzzling or paradoxical statement to be meditated upon, anecdote, question, or verbal exchanges.
Music and Dance × 10
My favorite compositions of sounds arranged in time; rhythms, melodies, and songs.
Music - artistic auditory communication, instrumental or vocal tones, rhythm.
My favorite choreography and dancers, including ballet.
Dance - performing art of purposefully selected sequences of human movements that have aesthetic and symbolic value.
Contact × 9
Ways to establish direct communication with me, information about my schedule, and events I host.
Networks × 8
Social networks, communities, groups, events, profiles, memberships, social media, connections, subscriptions.
I am not very active on social media, but I try to check on my profiles every two weeks.
References × 4
Testimonials about me by people I respect and value, with references.
I am deeply thankful to each person here for taking the time to write these words.