Major minerals (macro-minerals): calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and magnesium.
Macrominerals are needed in large doses: approximate recommended daily intake in milligrams (mg) per day, or Dietary Reference Intakes (DRI).
Macro-minerals are needed in large doses - approximate recommended daily intake, milligrams (mg) per day:
- potassium, K (3500 mg) - metal, ions are necessary for the function of all living cells;
- chloride, Cl− (3400 mg) - essential electrolyte in all body fluids;
- sodium, Na, natrium (2400 mg) - metal, essential for all animals and some plants;
- calcium, Ca (1000 mg) - metal, essential for living organisms, produced in supernova nucleosynthesis;
- phosphorus, P (1000 mg) - in the form of the phosphate is required for all known forms of life;
- choline (425 - 550 mg) - essential vitamin-like (vitamin B4) nutrient, synthesized in human body, but not sufficiently;
- magnesium, Mg (350 mg) - metal, essential for all known living organisms;