All rights are reserved for all materials on this site unless otherwise stated.
You may cite 1-3 paragraphs of my writing and 1-3 of my images fair use or critique with a visible link back to this site and attribution to Lena Nechet. You may download my articles and images for a single personal non-commercial use - without my explicit permission.
The intellectual property of pictorial artworks is held by the artists. Artwork first published in the United States are protected by the copyright law automatically.
The intellectual property of pictorial artworks is held by the artist, Lena Nechet. All rights reserved on all publications unless otherwise stated.
Copyright Definition of Visual Art
Artwork first published in the United States are protected by the copyright law automatically.
Under Title 17 of the United States Code, a work of visual art is:
- a painting, drawing, print or sculpture, existing in a single copy, in a limited edition of 200 copies or fewer that are signed and consecutively numbered by the author, or, in the case of a sculpture, in multiple cast, carved, or fabricated sculptures of 200 or fewer that are consecutively numbered by the author and bear the signature or other identifying mark of the author;
- or a still photographic image produced for exhibition purposes only, existing in a single copy that is signed by the author, or in a limited edition of 200 copies or fewer that are signed and consecutively numbered by the author.
The copyright law of the United States also states that a work of visual art does not include:
- any poster, map, globe, chart, technical drawing, diagram, model, applied art, motion picture or other audiovisual work, book, magazine, newspaper, periodical, data base, electronic information service, electronic publication, or similar publication;
- any merchandising item or advertising, promotional, descriptive, covering, or packaging material or container;
- any portion or part of any item described above;
- any work made for hire; or
- any work not subject to copyright protection under this title.
Copyright Notice Definition
In copyright law of the United States, a copyright notice is a notice of statutorily prescribed form that informs users of the underlying claim to copyright ownership in a published work. Copyright is a form of protection provided to authors of original works of authorship.