Personal information about Lena Nechet.
My real first short name is Lena, and
L∃N∀ is my signature art seal.
∃and "for all"
Explanation of art signature by Lena Nechet - "exists for all."
signature, seal, watermark
- Artist - an abstract fine art painter and portraitist, enchanted by photography and videography. I always knew I will paint, but it took a couple of life-threatening events to make me drop almost everything else and dare to dive into the madness of purposeless creation. I am obsessed with composition and color, have always been.
- Multilingual - I spoke several languages, and this experience made my thinking more independent from grammatical and cultural conditioning. Now I am acceptably fluent only in three natural languages I acquired in this order: Russian (Русский), German (Deutsch), and English. I understand but speak slower in Ukrainian (Українська), my second native. And I have almost entirely forgotten Spanish (Español), in which I was fluent in late childhood while living in Latin America. The need to set my mind free by verbal expression made me a poet at 13.
- Web Developer - I love internet. I was happy with server programming for several years, regarding it as art without emotions. I still enjoy it now and then. I like its clear logical structures, immediate results, and the practical application of math.
- Investor - I started to invest risky and early, as a student, with currencies and commodities, and later transitioned into mid-term stock trading followed by index funds. My degree is in economics, and this is how I used it. Risk-taking gives me thrills, and I need to guard myself from passionate moves. I dislike debt though, and managed to never have had any.
- Fruitarian - long-term, since 18, which suggests a lot about my lifestyle: predominantly fresh fruit-based diet, environmentally-friendly attitude, avoiding buying too much, especially new wooden objects, etc. I ran large online communities, and still minimally maintain the reorganized Fruitarian's Network.
- Humanist - who can criticize the hell out of the current humanist manifesto :) I am a secular person with a deity-independent moral code. At 18, I was baptized Orthodox Christian through a long ceremony in an old monastery upon a kind request of my grandmother. I am a life-long non-theist: agnostic in regard to knowledge and atheist in regard to belief - science and character based. I am simply unwilling to be mentally subordinate. I will protect everyone's rights to believe in anything they want though - for the sake of freedom of mind. I lead the Humanist Fellowship.
- Female - I am a serially monogamous heterosexual woman, who seeks the depth of intellectual and erotic connection with one man. I am rarely physically attracted to anyone, and seldom meet people with whom I see a potential to experience what I want. Nonetheless, mutual love is not only my "drug" of choice: I prioritized it. I am not family-oriented. I do not date casually.
Defining myself with several words.
- Happy - most of the time, despite everything. If I am not in a blissful state, it is usually because of actual difficulties in my life. If those are bad enough, which happened many times, I still cannot stay sad for too long, or I soon find ways to force myself out by action or radical change. I started practicing prolonged meditations (zazen, pranayama, kundalini, etc.) early in life and had the best time while staring at empty walls.
- Sensitive - in some cases overly so: I used to have an extreme color sensitivity, to the point that I could wear only achromatic clothing for some periods of my life. Once I painted my walls black, another time - my hair (I am blond). Then I had white periods. I can be inexplicably sensitive to words and facial expressions as well.
- Risky - I can take and handle lots of risk for a specific reason. At the same time, I almost never feel adventurous, and in some areas I do not tolerate any risk at all.
- Decisive - I tend to make up my mind quickly and permanently, I do not look back with doubts, and I prevent myself from having regrets by ensuring that my process of making decisions is maximally all-factors-encompassing and minimally instinctual, and that I stay true to myself at all times.
- Lonely - somewhat, intellectually. Though I am willing to invest a lot in a friendship with a right person, I am able to keep only several close friendships long term. I spend lots of my time in solitude, but deep human connections are absolutely precious to me.
- Concentrated - I can easily focus on something of my choice for hours at a time. Sometimes I worked on projects for weeks, disregarding almost everything else.
- Intense - my brain demands stimulation, and even in silent introspection it is full of visual and conceptual activity. I take only few things for granted. I still attempt to be quite honest, even if only in essence, after years practicing deep honesty meticulously and paying the price. Interactions with both smart and kind people energize me more than anything.
Defining myself with several words.
This is a short unordered summary of my political views:
- Environmental regulations should be improved and deepened and be consistently enforce.
- Internet service providers should not be allowed to manipulate access speed.
- Authority should be questioned, it requires free press, freedom of speech and expression.
- Pro-choice in the first 12 weeks, and pro-life after, unless in extraordinary circumstances; plus for providing birth control, sex education, and more social services that can help reduce the number of abortions.
- Support mixed sex, same sex, and multiple partner marriages of any gender, if people are willing to take the risk of trust and responsibility, especially for the children's well-being.
- Adoption rights should be based on character and readiness.
- Nobody should be physically disciplined, this includes spanking by caregivers.
- Contraception should be available to everyone.
- Recreational drugs should be legalized and controlled, the public should be informed about consequences and the restrictions should be clearly defined.
- Pornography, depicting consenting adults, should be legal for the adult population.
- What goes on in a private bedroom between consenting adults is no business of the state.
- Voluntary adult prostitution should be legal.
- State and churches should be separated.
- Purchasing a gun should require strict background checks, psychological testing, and training.
- A war should be permitted exclusively as an act of defense, similar to other offenses against life. Starting a warfare if not attacked should be treated as mass murder or attempt.
- The leader of a country should not be able to authorize military force against any other entity without Congressional or similar approval.
- The military should not assassinate suspected terrorists in foreign countries.
- Police officers should wear body cameras.
- Against death penalty.
- In criminal justice, rehabilitation should be more important than punishment .
- Convicted criminals should have the right to vote.
- Pro voluntary euthanasia.
- Simplification of taxes, removing tax loopholes.
- Support for small business and entrepreneurialism.
- Universal base income for everyone instead of welfare.
- Universal healthcare, single-payer with alternative science based options.
- Governments should penalize businesses that mislead the public.
- Societies should invest more in science, sustainable technologies and education based on critical thinking and creativity than into militarization and bureaucracy.
- For due process.
- For due diligence.
- Economic Left / Right: -4.88
- Social Libertarian / Authoritarian: -7.44
Lena's political position