I list here books I read, now mostly e-books and audio-books.
Literature for me is an art form, writing that has both artistic and intellectual value. Fiction, mostly classic, I read overwhelmingly in the first part of my life, poetry or prose. Non-fiction I prefer now.
Here are a few books I read this year, 2015, about filmmaking, with ratings.
Most of the books I remembered reading and found on Goodreads by January 2019.
To read, maybe:
I've been a librarian on GoodReads for many years, and I still save my reading list there. These are the 100 latest books I read, with ratings and occasional short notes, in addition to authors and titles.
At least half of them were audio books that I listened during exercising and simple errands like driving and shopping.
Listening to audiobooks saves me time and enriches my life, shielding me from the aspects of the reality I rather ignore.
New Quotes I Liked
- November 2019"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see." -- Edgar Degas
- November 2019"What's the point of having a library full of books you've already read?" -- Ray Bradbury
- November 2019"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." -- Lao Tzu
- November 2019"My actions are my only true belongings." -- Thich Nhat Hanh
- November 2019"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." -- Robert Frost
- November 2019"I have two rules in life - to hell with it, whatever it is, and get your work done." -- Ray Bradbury
- November 2019"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -- Ray Bradbury