Let's have some nice time sharing only fresh fruit - please bring your favorites, ready to eat.
On second Sunday of every month, at 2 pm, in Oceanside, California.
- Text me (Lena) to confirm that you are coming before the day of the event.
If it is your first time, please include your name and a short introduction, and I will text you the exact address by the morning of the event day:
- 3to3-686-1771 *
- Bring fruit - fresh, clean, and ready to serve, your favorite or seasonal.
Please do not share my address, rather ask your friends to text me.
How We Do It:
- We will enjoy conversations and fruits.
- We will arrange all the fruits in one place and everybody will take what they like.
- We will use porcelain plates and silverware - no need to bring plastic one-time use items.
- We can sit in a circle at a large table in a room, and if more people want to come, we can also sit by a coffee table the the the bar stand. Once we gathered outside by the garden on picnic blankets.
Answers to Already Asked Questions:
- What if I don't want to eat fresh fruit at this time?
Bring fruits that others would likely enjoy.
- What if I cannot get any fresh fruits?
Bring seeds or fruit drinks, like nuts and juices, or even coffee.
- What kind of fruits should I bring?
Any kind, sweat or non-sweet, but tasty, ripe, and undamaged.
- How much fruit should I bring?
Enough to satiate 1-2 people. For example, 2 pounds of grapes, or 6 large apples, or a melon.
- Why only fruit?
- Fruits are one of the most environmentally friendly, ethical, healthy, and universal foods.
- Fruits are easy, no cooking, no special ingredients that someone might not like.
- In my opinion, people should eat more fresh fruits and vegetables (including non-sweet fruits like tomatoes and cucumbers) to live longer and healthier.
- A fresh fruit meal might become an example to form a nice habit: once a month, a week, or even daily fruit only lunch or dinner.
- Nobody else in my area organizes fruitarian events, and I want to do something about it. Even vegan, vegetarian or plant-based gatherings are hard to find.
- It is worth my effort to organize a fruitluck privately because restaurants rarely offer fruit dishes.
- I want to try to give good people a friendly environment to respectfully appreciate or challenge each other's ideas - without advertisement, money pressure, distractions, but with a pleasant view on a tiny orchard.
Keep in touch!
* "to" = digit "two" (in English)