Lena Nechet - CV
Oceanside, San Diego County, California
Hi, I am a fine art painter, videographer, and a language trainer with academic background in economics. European in California, I am a multilingual person who has lived in several cultures and values connections deeply. My main strength is in critical thinking, optimization, and in international and interpersonal communication.
Professional Experience in US
LenaNechet.com, 1999 – Present (18 years)
Fine art - original paintings and art lessons.
German Language Instructor
LTalks, 2014 – Present (2 years), Orange County, California
Business and travel German language intensive in-person lessons for adults, beginner and intermediate levels. Multilingual interpreter.
German Language Trainer
Language Trainers, March 2016 – December 2017 (1 year 10 months)
Business German courses for employees of an international corporations and private business owners and travelers based in Orange County, California.
LTalks, 2014 – 2017 (3 years)
I use my academic training in economics and film-making as well as substantial experience in web development to fulfill my clients' vision and to reach specific audience, following thoroughly discussed and carefully designed plan.
Certified Translation Services US, LLC, 2013 – May 2015 (2 years), San Diego, California
IT and legal translations, German - English.
Customer Service Representative
Provide Commerce, 2014 – 2015, La Jolla, California
Problems solving for customers across different brands, international orders.
Independent, 2013 – February 2015 (2 years), San Diego, California
Short film, videography, photography, logotype, web presence.
Independent, 2007 – 2014, Washington D.C. Metro Area, La Jolla, CA
Website creation for small businesses and individuals based on OO PHP framework with extensions, HTML and style sheets (CSS), Linux Apache server, backup, maintenance, web presence, social networks integration.
Orange Coast College
Cinematography and Film/Video Production, 2015
Studied history of cinema and filmmaking.
San Diego City College
Business, Media Production, English, 2014 - 2015, San Diego, CA
Business Law, Filmmaking, English Composition - GPA 4.00 (Grade Point Average in 3 semesters, 9 courses).
Dean's List 2014-2015 of Academic Excellence
IRS VITA Training
IRS Tax Advanced Certificate in Tax Return Preparation, 2015, San Diego
71 hours tax preparation training and experience, with advanced exam score 97.50 %.
IBM Advanced Security Training
2011, Washinggton, DC
Unfinished Master of Science, Programming for Business, Essen, Germany, 2004-2005
Certified in Web Ergonomics, studied informatics, applied mathematics, and programming.
Institut für Internationale Kommunikation University of Düsseldorf
Academic German, January 2004 - April 2004
VHS (Volkshochschule, NRW)
Accounting, German, Spanish, Germany, 2003-2004
Studied advanced accounting for business, prepared for German diploma exam, tried to revive forgotten Spanish.
German Language, Germany, 2002-2003
Goethe Institut Düsseldorf
Intermediate German Studies, full-time program (112 hours), Germany, 2002
Intensive full-time intermediate German language training program.
Zaporizhzhya State University
Diploma in Economics, State Exam in Economics and Accounting, 1991-1997
Studied economics in 40 courses in a 5-year degree program from the state university. Thesis on assessing financial fitness of businesses.
Chess Championship finalist.
High School equivalent, Class of Advanced Mathematics, 1989-1991, Ukraine
Final years of 10-year standard secondary education, 6-weekdays with additional hours for calculus.
Received State award for excellence - a silver medal along with two other students, out of ~120 graduates.
Music School 1
Class Piano, Final Concert (Excellent), 1984-1990, Ukraine
Piano, counterpoint, musical theory, classical choir concerts (polyphony).
Zaporizhzhya State University (ZNU / ZNU)
- Fundamentals of Economic Theory (116 hours)
- Higher Mathematics (222 hours)
- Informatics of Economics and Fundamentals of Programming (108 hours)
- Technology Systems (90 hours)
- Theory of Probability (60 hours)
- Mathematical Programming (60 hours)
- General Theory of Statistics (60 hours)
- Theory of Accounting (54 hours)
- Accounting (240 hours)
- Business Economics (108 hours)
- Finance Operations and Loans (72 hours)
- Investment Activities (80 hours)
- Accounting in Commercial Enterprises (108 hours)
- Accounting in State Financed Enterprises (60 hours)
- Analysis of Business Activities (180 hours)
- Taxation (60 hours)
- International System of Accounting (60 hours)
- Methods of Mathematical Economics (60 hours)
- Automated Systems of Economics Information Processing (114 hours)
- Financial Recordkeeping of Enterprises (66 hours)
- Economic Law (30 hours)
- History Of Economic Studies (30 hours)
- Planning and Modeling (72 hours)
- Computer Science Workshop (60 hours)
- Production Equipment and Manpower (60 hours)
- Environmental Economics (30 hours)
- Cost of Production Calculation (48 hours)
- International Economic Relations (30 hours)
- Accounting Automation (60 hours)
- Accounting Control and Auditing (120 hours)
- Fundamentals of Marketing (60 hours)
- Management (60 hours)
- Fundamentals of Constitutional Law (20 hours)
- Political History (120 hours)
- Political Science (68 hours)
- Philosophy (116 hours)
- Logic (40 hours)
- Ethics and Aesthetics (28 hours)
- Socioeconomic Statistics (60 hours)
- Current Issues of Religion (36 hours)
VHS (NRW, Germany)
- Accounting for Business (37 hours)
- Advanced Accounting for Business (37 hours)
- Advanced German Language - "Kleines Sprachdiplom" exam preparation (78 hours)
- Spanish 101 (37 hours)
San Diego City College
- Small Business Accounting: Recordkeeping, Payroll (A, 48 hours)
- Business Law (A, 48 hours) with Shoshana Dennis, attorney
- Electronic Field Production (A, 48 hours + lab) with Bob Sly, email@example.com
- Documentary Film Production (A, 48 hours + lab) with Cy Kuckenbaker, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Critical Thinking (A, 48 hours) with Jason W. Parker, email@example.com
- Scriptwriting (A, 48 hours)
- English Composition (A, 48 hours)
- Lighting for Film and TV (A, 80 hours) with Duane Gardella, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accounting Internship (A, 71 hours)
Orange Coast College
- Great Directors of Cinema (A, 48 hours)
- Life Figure Mixed Media (A, 90 hours, with Alla Musgrave / Bartoshchuk)
- Life Figure Drawing (with Clayton Llewellyn)
Advanced Tax Preparer
Internal Revenue Services, 2014-2015, IRS VITA Training (71 hours), 97.50% score.
University Duisburg Essen, 2005
TOEIC - English for International Communication
Educational Testing Service (ETS), N. 421656, 2004
Academic German Certificate (TestDaF)
Institut für Internationale Kommunikation e. V. (IIK Düsseldorf), University of Düsseldorf, # 016988, 2004
Volunteer Experience and Causes
Advanced Tax Preparer
IRS VITA, January 2015 - April 2015, Economic Empowerment Program (4 Months)
As an advanced certified IRS tax preparer, I drove every Saturday to poorer neighborhoods of Greater San Diego and filed their tax papers with most advantageous status and deductions, for the highest earned tax return for the community members with income under $50.000.
Web developer, Admin, Fruitarians.net,
Ethics, Environment, Health (7 Years, 2009 - Present)
- Design and maintenance of the website, administration;
- Maintaining the web presence on the major social networks (facebook, twitter, etc.);
- Admin of 2 large online groups of ~ 7,000 - 9,000 members;
- Editing in writing code (PHP, HTML, CSS, SQL) for frameworks like Joomla and Dolphin;
- Publishing relevant scientific data and educational posts.
Humanist Fellowship of San Diego
Human Rights, Ethics (2013 - present)
- Helping organizing events, networking, and establishing web presence;
- President of the 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization in San Diego County;
- Public relations, media, public image, management, board meetings;
- Web development: HumanistFellowshipSanDiego.org
- English - full professional proficiency;
- German - full professional proficiency;
- Russian - native / bilingual proficiency;
- Ukrainian - native / bilingual proficiency.
Poetry, classical literature, ethics, logic, science, humanism, orcharding, dancing, endurance distance running, open water swimming.
Fine art techniques, art training, abstract expressionism, painting, drawing, photography, environmental portraiture, event photography, videography, filmmaking, documentary film production, video editing, color correction, color grading, screenwriting, video promotion, logo design.
Foreign Languages: Language Training, Interpreting, Translation
German language instructing, German-English, German-Russian, and English-Russian interpreting, German IT and legal translation, Russian and English translation, Russian language consulting, intercultural communication, interlingual mediation.
Digital marketing, accounting, small business bookkeeping, macroeconomics, microeconomics, customer relationship, account management, business management.
Web programming, object-oriented design, PHP, HTML, CSS style sheets, XML, FTP, Joomla! Framework™ CMS, Apache, .htaccess, search engine optimization (SEO).
Mind mapping, mnemonics, style consulting, lifestyle training.
OS and Software Proficiency
Linux, Windows 2000-10, Virtual Machines, VMWare, VirtualBox, Microsoft Office, Premiere Pro, GIMP, Inkscape, Blender, XMind, Eclipce, Notepad++, Atom, Evernote, portable software and servers, etc.