I list here books I read, nowadays primarily e-books and audio-books.
Literature for me is an art form, writing that has both artistic and intellectual value. Fiction, mostly classic, I read overwhelmingly in the first part of my life - poetry or prose. Non-fiction is what I prefer now.
- Literature - writings that have artistic or intellectual value, fiction or nonfiction, poetry and prose: novels, stories, drama of all genres, also speech and oral literature, and other non-written verbal art forms.
- Science - systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment, a system of knowledge of general laws, obtained and tested through scientific method.
- Politics- the art or science of government, governance, power, leadership, competing interests.
- Economics- a social science of production, distribution and consumption of goods and services.
- Culture - social behavior and norms in human societies, anthropology.
- Technology - the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes.
Here are a few books I read this year, 2015, about filmmaking, with ratings.
Most of the books I remembered reading and found on Goodreads by January 2019.
To read, maybe:
I've been a librarian on GoodReads for many years, and I still save my reading list there. These are the 100 latest books I read, with ratings and occasional short notes, in addition to authors and titles.
At least half of them were audio books that I listened during exercising and simple errands like driving and shopping.
Listening to audiobooks saves me time and enriches my life, shielding me from the aspects of the reality I rather ignore.
Current Reading List on Goodreads
Current Books To Read
Updates in this Category:
- "Art is not what you see, but what you make others see." -- Edgar Degas
- "What's the point of having a library full of books you've already read?" -- Ray Bradbury
- "When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." -- Lao Tzu