My 2010s started in Georgetown, DC and Portland, OR. Most of the 2010s I spent in Southern California, primarily in San Diego and Orange counties.
- In the year 2011, I moved to San Diego County, California, after considering other places on the Coast.
- In the year 2012, I lived in La Jolla, California, swam in the Pacific Ocean and hiked with camera a lot. I finally switched to acrylics in painting, and discovered technical pens for linework.
- In the year 2013, I finally bought my professional mirrorless filmmaking camera and rig.
- In the year 2014:
- I moved to South Park, and then to North Park neighborhoods of San Diego;
- drove an electric bike everywhere (for five months, then it was stolen) and rented electric smart cars;
- spent lots of time in Balboa Park, filmed a lot, made good friends, fell in love;
- volunteered for humanist non-profits, ushered in theaters;
- studied two full-time semesters: Business Law, English Composition and Critical Thinking, Field Media Production, and Documentary Film;
- started working in customer service part time, and for that switched to evening classes;
- and bought an old hybrid car with recycled plastic interior and textile seats.
I could not paint. Most of my finished artworks of that period are pen and ink or graphite miniatures.