Descriptive writing - introductory, background and contextual information, outlines the way things are: lists, collections, notifications, presentations, introductions.
Observational Mode of Narration
In the observational, or descriptive, mode of presentation:
- observe life with minimal intervention, no arrangement of scenes;
- perceive via multiple senses;
- reflect internally on emotions and realizations, attention and wishes;
- outline the way things are: make lists, collections, summaries, or preliminary accounts;
- describe first-hand accounts of events, like in memoir or journal.