Artistic study of the mind, reaching conclusions, finding truth, solving problems.
Artwork Collection: Intelligentsia
This collection is dedicated to intelligentsia (intelligentia, or интеллигенция) - intellectuals with integrity, people who critique and shape cultures.
Historically, totalitarian governments encouraged anti-intellectualism to repress political dissent, and it is happening now too.
I grew up in Eastern Europe, where intellectuals had little political influence and economic power. In the USSR, they were called stratum (prosloyka) - a layer without a class character.
I started my adult life in Western Europe, where members of cultured bourgeoisie (Bildungsbürgertum or Gebildete in Germany) had distinctive roles in their societies.
Analytical and empirical knowledge matters, our future is in innovation and ethics, I believe. And this collection is an ode to those who exhaust their brains in support of us all.
With these art compositions, I celebrate these people, and especially:
- scientists who do not manipulate the results of the studies for money,
- teachers who nurture independent thinkers and creators,
- doctors and nurses who appreciate scientific method,
- politicians with heart and realistic progressive vision,
- musicians and writers who dare experimental composition.
Page 1 of 2