Affective Aspects of Consciousness
The art in this collection expresses emotions and feelings. I am specifically interested in excitement of love, perception of impressions of others, and in modifying instinctive reactions.
Emotions are conscious mental reaction subjectively experienced as strong feelings and accompanied by physiological and behavioral changes in the body.
Feelings are the general state of consciousness considered independently of particular sensations, and I am exploring these aspects in particular:
- appreciative awareness of ethics,
- capacity to respond with higher emotion to aesthetic objects,
- susceptibility to impression by colors,
- conveying emotion through visual composition,
- triggering sympathetic aesthetic response,
- atmosphere or character in essence.