- German language services - lessons, translation, and interpreting.
- Deutschsprachige dienstleistungen - Deutschunterricht, Übersetzung und Dolmetschen.
Hi, I am Lena, a multilingual German language instructor and interpreter in Southern California in greater San Diego and South of Orange County.
If you book a corporate or private German course through Language Trainers, you are likely to get me as a trainer in this area.
This page would be of interest to you if you are considering me as
- instructor or
Please use the links to prepay services through PayPal (includes credit and debit cards).
|Pricing Table - Prices with Payment Links||Total
|German Lesson - 1st Academic Hour
In-person intensive introductory learning session, beginner German, basics
|German Course - 24 Hours in 12 Lessons
German, grammar, reading, pronunciation, dialogues, songs
|Interpreting - Double-Hour Event||2||1||$60||$120|
|Translation - Full Hour||1.2||0||$40||$40|
I hope you will hire me to give you an introduction into German grammar and to teach you the ways to think and have a vivid conversations in this language. I love to help beginners to build a solid foundation for certain fluency.
All you will need to do to start your progress is to find time for the lessons.
I specialize in introduction into the grammatical structure, methods for faster fluency, as well as philosophical beauty of German language, and in training my students to speak standard German (Hochdeutsch) in form of casual dialogues, preparing them to communicate their thoughts and needs in various social situations.
Although I adapt my teaching to the individual needs of each person, I maintain clarity by sufficient repetition, concentration on fundamentals, and introduce new elements of speech, integrating them with already known.
My method is based on scientific findings about human memory and my personal experience as a multilingual person who lived in various cultures. Often, I utilize tables, drawings, analogies, and in depth explanations from my future book on German grammar.
In our lessons we will use current established German media, songs, classic literature, children verses, fun dialogues, and will casually chat in German about life.
Currently, I live in Oceanside, San Diego County, California (SoCal), near zip code 92058 area, highway 76 East from Interstate 5, ~3 miles inland. CA-76 & Foussat Rd - map on Google: goo.gl/maps/wXjQLD4wFDH2
You are welcome to visit my home for our lessons indoors or in the garden.
If you like to study at your location, I am able to offer German lessons in several towns of coastal San Diego and Orange Counties: Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Leucadia, Vista, Camp Pendleton, Temecula, San Clemente, Dana Point - and any area close to them.
If you have no private office or other suitable space for studies, we can meet in private library rooms or other rented office spaces.
If you are outside of my area, I can conduct the scheduled lessons over the internet (Skype, Hangouts).
The best recurrence for the lessons, according to my experience, is 2-3 times a week:
- enough time for your brain to process and connect new data,
- 2-3 nights of sleep to commit the material to the long-term memory;
- such continuity prevents forgetting and fragmentation of knowledge.
A double academic hour meetings will allow for deeper language immersion, and can save you time.
An "academic hour" is defined as 50 minutes. A double-hour lesson will last 1 hour and 45 minutes, including a 5-minute rest break, which is a perfect duration for maintaining deep concentration.
To make sure you receive my full attention, I try to have only 2-3 students at the same time period.
We usually meet during the day, from around 9 AM to 9 PM.
If you need to reschedule a lesson, please do it 48 hours prior, minimum - 40 hours.
Study with a Real Person
Typical Course Concentrations:
- German Grammar
- German Dialogue
- Business German Basics for Professionals
- German for Travelers
- German Reading and Pronunciation
- German Culture
Translating from German into English and from English into German, I specialized in poetic, but also legal and IT translation (apps, sites, documentation). I prefer to translate poetry and poetic prose.
Bidirectional German-Russian translation I offer primarily for literary works.
Trilingual Interpreting: German - English - Russian. If you want to have a person by your side to interpret speech between you and your conversational partners in real time, I can use my fluency in all this languages, as well as my extensive cultural knowledge acquired in Europe and in the United States, to help you in a real time situation: in private and official conversations and meetings.
As someone who learnt to love German in her twenties and lived and studied in Germany for many years, I can provide you with methods of grasping the essence of the language quickly, and of mastering it steadily, many of which are not obvious to the native speakers.
Course materials in this section of the site become available to my registered students as they move up from lesson to lesson.
- If you are already my client, please create an account, so I can assign you to the right level, and you can get the access to the files.
- Log in and download the audio and text files to practice after first hours of our German lessons. Sections with the links will appear in this section gradually, as soon as you reach the next level or after we have practiced certain exercises.
Types of Files
After logging in, you will find:
- audio recordings of German speech
- with the matching text files ( usually .pdf),
- images with grammar visualization, tables, etc.
- some video containing speech in German,
- recordings for the background listening,
- and instructions on how to get the best value from them.
Citations, interesting sentences, and educational texts in German.
Best internet resources for students of German language.
These are the trusted sources for high quality German language texts and speech. I strongly recommend using German materials only from credible institutions in the beginning.
Updates in this Category:
Updates in Services:
- Place Lena Nechet (German Language) April 2018
- Time Lena Nechet (German Language) April 2018
- German Courses Lena Nechet (German Language) April 2018
- Payment Lena Nechet (German Language) April 2018
- German Translation Lena Nechet (German Language) April 2018
- German Interpreting Lena Nechet (German Language) April 2018
- Education Lena Nechet (German Language) April 2018