Fine art services by Lena Nechet: art workshops in San Diego and Orange Counties of Southern California, custom artwork and design.
Originals: original works of fine art completed independently is my main concentration. You can purchase any available art work from my portfolio.
Commission: if you would like to define the object and possibly main colors of the artwork you buy, we could agree on terms for a portrait, a painting of a place, or an abstraction. Order custom artwork by requesting the creation of art pieces: paintings, drawings, hand-made illustration, and unique fashion designs.
Workshop: get a piece of advice from a practicing artist to assist you in your progress, or have an experience-rich art process session. We can schedule a composition class, a fine art workshop, art theory or workflow lessons, or fun art parties. I'll bring everything we need, or come over to my studio when I organize the next group workshop.
- Participate at a workshop or invite me to your side: what art media do you like?
- Fine art composition and media: color theory, workflow, acrylics, watercolor, graphite, charcoal, pastel, or ink?
- Photography and field productions: manual mode with your camera, or testing a prime lens?
- Fun art party: suminagashi or printing sessions for your teens? Let me know!
A personal symbolic logotype for a loving couple: the letters of their names interlace into each other, maintaining nevertheless their own character and integrity - their unity is expressed in a simplistic symbol. This artwork is rendered with technical pens.
Art prints, copies of fine art originals and art photography: digital prints, giclee - high quality inject printing with pigment-based fade-resistant inks on archival paper.
Selling art prints is not my objective any loner, because now in most of my works I use brilliant textures of natural pigments that reflect and impact the light perceived by human eye the way inject printer's pigments cannot replicate. Additionally, I use primarily textured cotton papers, and that aspect of the original can be largely lost too.
But I still maintain a smaller printer able to use permanent pigment inks, and I can order for you a larger size prints from the much higher resolution images than published on the site and without watermark.
During our meetings and workshops, I can help you with adapting new techniques and experimenting with materials. I can offer my insight in analyzing composition, and also to provide you with all I know about the challenges of fine art creation.
- If you consider yourself to be a novice in fine arts, I will give you the best introduction I can into the world of visual design, and share my own most valuable findings.
- If you are interested in theoretical foundation of art, we can talk about
- value, light and shadow, contrast, line and volumes;
- color theory, color mixing, color combination, color perception;
- composition - balance, negative space, focus, rhythm, proportion, shape, asymmetry, etc
- For practical realization of your ideas, we can explore
- pigments and paint;
- mediums and additives;
- brushes and surfaces;
- strokes and layering;
- glazes and impasto, etc.
- If you like portraits or figure drawing, I can be your temporary dressed model and give you immediate feedback with further instructions between the short sessions.
Art workshop is a meeting in a group to engage in discussion or activity on a particular aspect of fine art creation, or a study session with emphasis on art theory.
If you are interested in testing new methods and materials, I can bring you some of the best art supplies I know, with tools for demonstration and practice. We can use your art materials to extend your techniques.
Fine art media I know well and use with standard and refined methods:
- Acrylics: impasto, glazing, gessoing, toned gesso, isolation layers, monoprint without press, monotype, intaglio;
- Watercolor: transparent or gouache;
- Burnishing, montage, collage, assemblage ,with mica mineral and metals, embedding sand, natural fibers, creating textures, etc.
- Sumi zen brush, parallel and fountain pens;
- Suminagashi ("floating ink" or simple marbling),
- Dry media:
- Color: pastel, conte, and watercolor sticks;
- Black and white: charcoal, graphite - drawing and underdrawing.
I hope to be able to save your time in adapting techniques, to offer your another perspective in composition, and to deepen your understanding of effective art creation workflow.
Tutorials - specific knowledge sharing, explanations, optimized workflow, most effective methods, sets of instructions for special tasks, problem solving lessons, demonstrations of a process using examples.
Art tutorials are available upon request, and via membership access.
As a service, I offer creation of artwork miniatures as illustration for your to be printed materials, highly adjusted to your needs, and also stylized artistic manipulation of photographic images.
I also make infographics (information graphics) - visual representations of data or knowledge, that transfer the essence of complex information quickly and clearly.