Line is one of the fundamental elements of art design. Line usually indicates the edge of a flat shape or a three-dimensional form. Lines can be different in color and widths (constant or varying).
Line art is an image that consists of distinct straight or curved lines.
- A contour drawing presents dimensions, edges, outlines, and shapes.
- A cross contour technique indicates surface of an object, usually in perspective.
- A blind contour technique implemented without looking at the resulting image.
- A continuous line drawing is produced without lifting the implement from the page.
- A fast gesture drawing technique captures the essence of a figure in lines.
Pen and ink artwork made using various inks, including sumi and ecological, and implements like fountain pens, technical, or parallel pens.