Art workshops, classes, and events with Lena Nechet in Oceanside, California.
Advantages of a workshop:
- you can have the joy of creation among your peers,
- get a piece of advice from a practicing artist to assist you in your progress,
- and have an experience-rich art process session in a new environment with different choices of art materials.
Instructed life figure drawing workshop in Oceanside, California, with Lena Nechet. In this class, we will draw nude and dressed art models, make anatomical studies, analyze the human body for gesture sketches, and create academic-style drawings in a variety of approaches, using dry media.
In January 2024, the sessions will start at Studio ACE.
- Title: Figurative Art Workshop
- Description: Life Figure Drawing with Lena Nechet
- Properties: formal, recurrent
- Goals: communication, learning, practice, creation, evaluation
- Name: with Lena Nechet
- What: Figurative art is a form of modern art that retains strong references to the human figure with various levels of abstraction.
- Who: artists, models
- Why: The human body is one of the most challenging art objects, and raising its depiction to the level of fine art is a great joy.
- Reference Code: LN24FA
In this fine art session series, we will experiment with media combinations and techniques, express our unique temperaments, generate ideas for future creation and other areas of life, and gain freedom and relaxation in a structured setting. We will concentrate on composition and innovation. The prompts, art material combination, and approaches will be new for each meeting. High-quality art supplies will be provided and you can bring your own.
- Title: Mixed Media Mind Workshop with Lena Nechet
- Description: A fine art workshop series based on self-expression and experimentation with provided high-quality art materials.
- Properties: formal, recurrent
- Goals: fun, communication, practice, creation, evaluation
- How: We will get together in a studio to create artwork.
- What: We will make paintings on sturdy paper with carefully chosen lightfast materials to bind or frame the sheets later.
- Why: We want to explore ourselves, relieve stress, create beautiful things, systematize our skills, experience aesthetic pleasure together, and talk about our artwork.
- Place: Oceanside, California
- Setup: inside
- No Need to Bring: one-time use plastic items, messy materials like soft pastel, materials with strong odor like oils
- Reference Code: LN24MM
Aside from planned events, we can schedule a composition class, a fine art workshop, art theory or workflow lessons, or fun art parties. You can participate in a prepared workshop or invite me to your side. I will have everything we need or we can work with your unique set of supplies.
During our meetings and workshops, I can help you with adapting new techniques and experimenting with materials. I can offer my insight in analyzing composition, and also to provide you with all I know about the challenges of fine art creation.
- If you consider yourself to be a novice in fine arts, I will give you the best introduction I can into the world of visual design, and share my own most valuable findings.
- If you are interested in theoretical foundation of art, we can talk about
- value, light and shadow, contrast, line and volumes;
- color theory, color mixing, color combination, color perception;
- composition - balance, negative space, focus, rhythm, proportion, shape, asymmetry, etc
- For practical realization of your ideas, we can explore
- pigments and paint;
- mediums and additives;
- brushes and surfaces;
- strokes and layering;
- glazes and impasto, etc.
- If you like portraits or figure drawing, I can be your temporary dressed model and give you immediate feedback with further instructions between the short sessions.