Currently featured artworks made by me, Lena Nechet, by hand and digitally.
- I make fine art because I like the immediacy of manipulating mind and matter.
- I photograph because the beauty of life is overwhelming and its moments are mysterious.
- I montage films to share admiration of beings and motion.
Art - expression of creative skill and imagination, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
⚜️ Fine Art × 75
Hand made graphic artwork - fine art objects made by applying pigments to a surface - works by Lena Nechet.
Painting is a mode of creative expression. Paintings can be naturalistic and representational, realistic (still life or landscape), abstract, narrative, symbolic (symbolist art), emotive (expressionism), or political in nature (artivism).
Most often, I work in abstract portraits and symbolic expression.
🎨 Art Studio × 24
Art studio for fine arts: work in progress, studies, sketches and swatches, experimentation, equipment, sets, and workflow.
🎨 Composition × 11
Elements of my composition: style, techniques, paints, art grounds, art tools, and implements.
Composition is the arrangement or placement of visual elements in a piece of artwork.
Visual art styles are distinctive manners of expression.
🎨 Swatch × 0
Experimentation with professional artist paints and their mixes with each other and added archival elements.
🎨 Color Theory × 5
In the visual arts, color theory refers to practical guidance to color mixing and visual effects of color combinations.
In 15th century CE, color theory principles first appeared in the writings of Leone Battista Alberti and the notebooks of Leonardo da Vinci. In the beginning of 18th century, Isaac Newton's Opticks was published.
🎨 Sketch × 11
Sketch and Applied Art
- Sketchbook, large figure sketches, gesture drawing, anatomy studies, urban sketching, blueprints, underpainting, and work in progress.
- Applied art pieces, images to illustrate content or express concepts, illustrative line work, hand-made and digital, posters, book covers, interiors, visual plans and drafts, functional drawing, prototypes, graphic design, fashion design, needlework, decorative arts and crafts.
Sketch - a rough drawing representing the chief features of an object or scene and often made as a preliminary study.
Applied arts - design and decoration of practical objects to make them aesthetically pleasing.
A design is a plan or specification for the construction of an object or system or for the implementation of an activity or process.
Illustration - decoration, interpretation or visual explanation of a text, concept or process, designed for integration in print and digital published media.
🎞️ Film × 7
Films and videography by Lena Nechet: movies and video made primarily in Southern California.
📷 Photography × 7
Photographic portraiture, street photography, environmental portraits, events and artifacts.