Contact, website, services and products by Lena Nechet, in California and worldwide.
Business contact details and professional information.
Interaction, answered questions (Q&A), discussions, connections, mass media, announcements, teams, relationships, and groups. This section is also for support and assistance - instructions, consultations, how-to, and frequently asked questions (FAQ).
Testimonials about me by people I respect and value. I am deeply thankful to each person here for taking the time to write these words. I have requested references only once, from a few recent clients in 2018, but I might ask for more in the future. If you would like to give me your feedback, I would highly appreciate it and might publish it here with your permission.
Social networks, communities, groups, events, profiles, memberships, social media, connections, subscriptions I maintain. I am not very active on social media, but I try to check on my profiles. My direct messages (DMs) are usually switched off, and I do not monitor mentionings and comments closely. None of the apps are installed on my phone. Please use mobile / cell or email to reach me. I am happy to connect outside of social media.
Structure and functioning of this website, updates and mindmaps.
Thank you for considering doing business with me. I work with private persons and companies.
Art workshops, classes, and events with Lena Nechet in Oceanside, California.
Advantages of a workshop:
- you can have the joy of creation among your peers,
- get a piece of advice from a practicing artist to assist you in your progress,
- and have an experience-rich art process session in a new environment with different choices of art materials.
Fine art original paintings and drawings and custom artwork.
- Originals: handmade works of fine art completed independently are my main concentration, you can purchase any available artwork;
- Painting Commission: if you would like to define the theme or subject of the art piece and possibly the main colors of the artwork you will buy, we could agree on terms for a portrait, a painting of a place (like a home view), or an abstraction;
- Murals: for your wall with most lightfast pigments, designed to fit harmoniously into surroundings;
- Illustration: visualization of the essence in your book, recording, or any other type of presentation.
Custom media production services and products by Lena Nechet in San Diego and Orange Counties, CA, and some worldwide.
My primary offers are videographic and photographic environmental portraits. In special cases, I design artistic logotypes and well-structured websites.
Language lessons, intercultural mediation, talks, interpreting, and translation - German, English, Ukrainian, Russian.
Learn languages in personal sessions - lessons and courses:
- German: beginner, business, grammar;
- English: beginner, for Ukrainian, Russian, and German speakers.
Course materials in this section of the site become available to my registered students as they move up from lesson to lesson.
- If you are already my client, please create an account, so I can assign you to the right level, and you can get the access to the files.
- Log in and download the audio and text files to practice after first hours of our lessons. Sections with the links will appear in this section gradually, as soon as you reach the next level or after we have practiced certain exercises.
Types of Files
After logging in, you will find:
- audio recordings of speech,
- with the matching text files ( usually .pdf),
- images with grammar visualization, tables, etc.
- some video containing speech in German,
- recordings for the background listening,
- and instructions on how to get the best value from them.
Trilingual and bilingual real-time interpreting services, and IT or literary translation.
I give talks with presentations on rare lifestyle subjects and style.
Here I post detailed information about events I host or help organize, including business meetings and private gatherings. Some people do not use - or are scattered all over - various networks and the best way to reach all is to send a link to the event description. Keep in touch and see you soon!
The artworks presented in this section are made by me, Lena Nechet, by hand and digitally.
- I make fine art because I like the immediacy of manipulating mind and matter.
- I photograph because the beauty of life is overwhelming and its moments are mysterious.
- I montage films to share admiration of beings and motion.
Art - expression of creative skill and imagination, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
Artwork hand-made by Lena Nechet - fine art objects made by applying pigments to a surface.
Painting is a mode of creative expression. Paintings can be naturalistic and representational, realistic (like a portrait), abstract, narrative, symbolic (symbolist art), emotive (expressionism), or political in nature.
Fruit of Art Studio for fine arts and photography is located in Oceanside, CA.
In this section, you can find anatomical, life figure, and still life studies, as well as materials for workshops and classes, work in progress, sketches and swatches, experimentation, equipment, sets, workflow, videography rig details, behind-the-scenes images, and photographic setups.
- Sketchbook pages, large figure sketches, gesture drawing, anatomy studies, urban sketching, blueprints, underpainting, and work in progress.
Sketch - a rough drawing representing the chief features of an object or scene, a preliminary study.
Art compositions created with computing devices.
Digital art is an artistic work or practice that uses digital technology.
- purely computer-generated, e.g. fractals, algorithmic art, etc.
- manipulated scanned or digital photographs;
- images created using vector graphics software,
- images drawn using a mouse, stylus, or fingers on graphic tablets.
- 3D art.
Elements and principles of art, color theory, swatches, visual communication, figure-ground perception, gestalt laws, perceptual organization, stamps, stencils, prints, posters, supergraphics, applied art pieces, content illustration, concepts expression, visualization, illustrative line work, book covers, interiors, visual plans and drafts, functional drawing, prototypes, graphic design, fashion design, needlework, decorative arts and crafts.
Design - an arrangement of elements or details in a work of art or a product, the creative art of executing aesthetic or functional visions.
- decoration, interpretation or visual explanation of a text, concept
or process, designed for integration in print and digital published
Applied arts - design and decoration of practical objects to make them aesthetically pleasing.
Color theory in the visual arts is a practical guidance to color mixing, combinations, and applicatio
for specific visual effects
In 15th century CE, color theory principles first appeared in the writings of Leone Battista Alberti and the notebooks of Leonardo da Vinci. In the beginning of 18th century, Isaac Newton's Opticks was published.
Photographic portraiture, street photography, environmental portraits, events and artifacts.
Films and videography by Lena Nechet: movies and video made primarily in Southern California.
Section Life on this site is about me, Lena Nechet, and my interests.
In this section, I have a more informal and personal self-description: my values and origins, and selected autobiographical stories from childhood to adult life.
Before 1980s - my family of origin, birthplace, and circumstances.
Changing cultures taught me that people like to check where you came from to reduce their own barrier from your strangeness, and I am all for it. I love people's stories, and here is mine.
About 1980s - my early years of life, till the onset of puberty.
About 1990s - after puberty into early youth: my teenage years and early twenties.
Adolescence, growing up, is a transitional stage of physical and psychological development.
About 2000s - more of my determining years, mid and late twenties into thirties - my life in the West.
This is a collection of my short and longer writings, lifestyle notes and blog, vlog, favorites, quotes, and other publications: flow of present moments, now, current happenings and activities, mental states, immersion, focus, involvements, moods, feelings, and states of mind.
Journal - periodically and randomly published records of personal experiences and observations.
Essays - pieces of writing by that present arguments.
My own verse.
Verse is a metrical writing.
- a verbal composition, in which the words are chosen for their sound
and for ideas and images they suggest, and are arranged in separate
lines, often ending in rhyme.
Poetry is a form of literature that uses aesthetic and
rhythmic qualities of language. This form of art is thousands years old,
and originated in Africa.
My short and longer texts, from notes to formal essays, with lists, facts, and opinions.
Essays - short literary compositions, presenting ideas in a non-fictional way.
Notes - brief records, especially written down to aid the memory; comments, explanations.
Occasional informal reports and random anecdotes.
Anecdotes - brief accounts of an incident,
stories with a point to communicate an abstract idea about a person,
place, or thing through the concrete details of a short narrative.
Personal web log: from running and swimming to my fruitarian lifestyle.
My random video logs - videos from daily life and something notable to remember.
My favorite creations by other people.
From the early teenage years, I educated myself by writing down my favorite passages from the books I read. Then I analyzed and systematized them, defining my own worldview. I lost my records during migrations, and this is my attempt to keep some of the sayings.
Quotes - expressions full of meaning or beauty, favorite or simply very interesting sayings, concepts, thoughts, ideas, understandings, notions, opinions, views, believes, intentions, and ideals.
I include here my favorite poems, lyrics, as well as koans, proverbs, and longer prose excerpts.
Poem - a verbal composition designed to convey experiences, ideas, or emotions in an imaginative way, characterized by language chosen for its sound and suggestive power, and by the use of meter, metaphor, or rhyme.
Koan is a puzzling or paradoxical statement to be meditated upon, anecdote, question, or verbal exchanges.
I list here books I read, nowadays primarily e-books and audio-books.
Literature for me is an art form, writing that has both artistic and intellectual value. Literary fiction, mostly classic, I read overwhelmingly in the first part of my life - poetry and prose. Non-fiction is what I prefer now.
Notable works by interesting people and their lives and ideas: artists, scientists, poets, writers, teachers, inventors, lovers, gardeners, and other beings.
Cinema, Theater, Music, Dance, Talks
Under this category I keep:
- My favorite motion pictures like movies and animation movies, records of theatrical presentations, various good show on video, lectures, memorable talks, great interviews, and regular comedy and news shows.
Cinematography is the art of motion photography and filming.
- My favorite compositions of sounds arranged in time; rhythms, melodies, and songs.
Music - artistic auditory communication, instrumental or vocal tones, rhythm.
- My favorite choreography and dancers, including ballet.
Dance - performing art of purposefully selected sequences of human movements that have aesthetic and symbolic value.
Miscellaneous favorite things and phenomena.
Fruitarianism is a quest for optimal ethical ways to live and healthy diets based on fruits and seeds.
The line above is the essence of my worldview as a fruitarian. I am a long-term ethical vegan-fruitarian (frugan) since my teenage years, about 1993.
I advocate for a greater proportion of fruits in human diet for ethical and environmental reasons, which also seems to be rather healthy for most of us.
Since 2007, I ran small and bigger online fruitarian communities. In this section I will gather published there useful articles on fruitarianism related to my own experience, including materials from the International Fruitarian Network (2009-2019).
All about my little fruitarian orchard in Southern California, US planting zone 10a (extreme minimum temperature 30-35 F or -1 to 1.7 C, USDA Plant Hardiness Zone), founded in 2018. The growing surface is about 0.17 acre (or approximately 688 square meters), and more than half is taken by the native or already established plants, like yucca, pines, palms, schinus, and sago).
This tiny garden is located ~3.5 miles (~5.6 km) from the Pacific coastline, on a hill, and is exposed to strong winds - usually cold, bus sometimes from the desert, blazing southern Californian Sun, and significant daily temperature changes. Lots of wild life visits it, especially birds.
We have very little rain most of the year, and the city water here is very expensive because of the drought conditions. The native soils are very poor, with clay and rocks. I am building the soil up with compost, mulch, and other methods from permaculture, Hügelkultur, and other horticultural techniques.
Plants in my orchard that live many years. I concentrate on trees, bushes, and self-propagating patches.
This is my collections of snippets of scientific data related to fruitarianism, environment, and health - from scientific internet publications and other seemingly credible online sources, with links:
- concise knowledge summaries of results derived by scientific method,
- short aggregated definitions and overviews, citations, expert opinions.
- Primary sources, like governmental agencies, peer reviewed journals;
- Secondary sources, like scholarly articles and expert reviews;
- Tertiary sources, like encyclopedias, dictionaries, and textbooks.
Data - factual information used as a basis for reasoning, discussion, or calculation.
Knowledge - the body of truth, information, and principles acquired by humankind.
Definition - a statement of the meaning of a term.
- Materials from the Fruitarian network of practicing fruitarians, people considering fruitarian lifestyle, supporters and researchers of the fruitarian community.
- Fruitarian discussions - talking about fruitarianism, exchanging fruitarian ideas - conversations and debate about fruitarian topics.
- Plus, interesting people answer fruitarian questions and my responses to publications from a perspective of my version of fruitarianism.