This is a short, slightly disordered summary of my political views, in which I address in short the most commonly discussed political issues.
- Environmental regulations should be improved, deepened, and consistently enforced for the sake not only humanity, but most other forms of life.
- Authority should be questioned, it requires free press, freedom of speech and expression.
- Internet service providers should not be allowed to manipulate the access.
- Pro-choice in the first 12-16 weeks, and pro-life after, unless there are significant risks to the woman's well-being.
- Contraception should be available to everyone. Birth control, sex education, and more social services should be provided to everyone to help reduce the number of abortions and to control the population growth, so that most of the children are desired and well cared for.
- Support mixed sex, same sex, and multiple partner marriages of any gender, if people are willing to take the risks of trust and responsibility and enter such civil contracts.
- Adoption rights should be determent by the children's well-being and be based on character and readiness of the potential parents. All future parents should be educated in best practices in child care and in brain development.
- Nobody should be physically disciplined, this includes spanking of any kind by caregivers.
- Recreational drugs should be legalized and controlled, the public should be informed about the consequences of the drug use, and the restrictions should be clearly and simply defined.
- Pornography, depicting consenting adults, should be legal for the adult population.
- What goes on in a private bedroom between consenting adults is no business of the state.
- Voluntary adult prostitution should be legal, with imposition of prophylactics healthcare.
- State and churches should be separated.
- Purchasing a gun should require strict background checks, psychological testing, and training.
- A war should be permitted exclusively as an act of defense, similar to other offenses against life. Starting a warfare if not attacked should be treated as a mass murder or an attempt of such. The leader of a country should not be able to authorize military force against any other entity without congressional or similar approval.
- The military should not assassinate suspected terrorists in foreign countries.
- Police officers should wear body cameras.
- Against death penalty.
- In criminal justice, rehabilitation should be more important than punishment .
- Convicted criminals should have the right to vote.
- Pro voluntary medically assisted euthanasia with a mandatory waiting period and upon a reasonable request.
- Simplification of taxes, removing tax loopholes.
- Support for small business and entrepreneurialism.
- Universal base income for everyone instead of welfare.
- Universal healthcare, accessible single-payer as an alternative to other methods, with preferably science based options.
- Governments should penalize businesses that grossly mislead the public.
- Societies should invest more in science, sustainable technologies and education based on critical thinking and creativity than into militarization and bureaucracy.
- For due process.
- For due diligence.
- Economic Left / Right: -4.88
- Social Libertarian / Authoritarian: -7.44
Lena's political position