My favorite pieces of creation and existence.
Quotes × 37
Expressions full of meaning or beauty, favorite or simply very interesting sayings, concepts, thoughts, ideas, understandings, notions, opinions, views, believes, intentions, and ideals.
Reading × 5
I list here books I read, nowadays primarily e-books and audio-books.
Literature for me is an art form, writing that has both artistic and intellectual value. Fiction, mostly classic, I read overwhelmingly in the first part of my life - poetry or prose. Non-fiction is what I prefer now.
- Literature - writings that have artistic or intellectual value, fiction or nonfiction, poetry and prose: novels, stories, drama of all genres, also speech and oral literature, and other non-written verbal art forms.
- Science - systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment, a system of knowledge of general laws, obtained and tested through scientific method.
- Politics- the art or science of government, governance, power, leadership, competing interests.
- Economics- a social science of production, distribution and consumption of goods and services.
- Culture - social behavior and norms in human societies, anthropology.
- Technology - the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes.
Poetry and Koan × 1
My favorite poems, lyrics, literature that uses aesthetic and rhythmic qualities of language, as well as short prose and koans, etc.
Poetry is a form of literature that uses aesthetic and rhythmic qualities of language. This form of art is thousands years old, and originated in Africa.
To me it is the music of speech, I love rhythm and rhyme.
Koan is a puzzling or paradoxical statement to be meditated upon, anecdote, question, or verbal exchanges.
Music and Dance × 10
My favorite compositions of sounds arranged in time; rhythms, melodies, and songs.
Music - artistic auditory communication, instrumental or vocal tones, rhythm.
My favorite choreography and dancers, including ballet.
Dance - performing art of purposefully selected sequences of human movements that have aesthetic and symbolic value.
Cinema × 0
Cinematography is the art of motion photography and filming.