Emphasis, Contrast, Proportion, Rhythm, Balance, Harmony
Six Principles of Art
- Emphasis - focus or focal point of the composition that attracts attention first.
- Contrast - difference and dynamic range in value, opposites in hue and saturation.
- Proportion - scale of the objects, relationship of elements to the whole and to one another, perspective (distance between and around), and size between objects.
- Rhythm - movement, repetition or regularity of art elements.
- Movement - visual flow, guidance for the eyes through an artwork, suggestion of motion that gives a feeling of action.
- Pattern - uniform repetition of an art elements.
- Balance - equilibrium or stability, symmetry and asymmetry.
- Harmony - variety and unity of art elements.
arts, elements, principles