In general, I could be described as partially liberal - for almost any personal choice that is not detrimental to others, and partially conservative - for the most part, fiscally, and definitely for maintaining and building upon what is good, especially for preserving ecosystems (wild life conservation), freedoms, beneficial institutions, cooperation, knowledge, and innovation.
This is a short, slightly disordered summary of my political views, in which I address in short the most commonly discussed political issues. Most of them are subject to change once I am convinced differently.
This is what I stand for, in particular:
- Environmental regulations should be improved, deepened, and consistently enforced for the sake not only humanity, but most other forms of life. I am for preservation of large areas of wild habitat and for stable inhabitable ecosystems.
- Societies should invest more in science, sustainable technologies, and education based on critical thinking and creativity, than into unnecessary militarization and excessive bureaucracy.
- Constant innovation and fusion of adaptive elements of cultures.
- Ethical treatment of sentient beings.
- Authority should be questioned: it requires oversight, free press, freedom of speech and expression.
- State and churches should be separated.
- For free markets, smartly regulated, for anti-trust enforcement, and for private ownership of the means of production (i.e. not a socialist).
- Internet service providers should not be allowed to manipulate the access.
- Pro-choice in the first 12-17 weeks of pregnancy, and only encouragingly pro-life after that , unless there are significant risks to the woman's or potential child's well-being.
- Contraception should be available to everyone. Birth control, science-based sex education, and more social services should be provided to everyone to help reduce the number of abortions and to control the population growth, so that all children are well cared for, and are not forced to fight for resources later in life.
- I support mixed sex, same sex, and multiple partner marriages of any gender: if people are willing to take the risks of trust and responsibility to enter such civil contracts, the government should not prohibit any union, unless arranged under duress.
- Adoption rights should be determent only by the children's well-being and be based on character and readiness of the potential parents. All future parents should be educated in best practices in child care and about the development stages of human brain.
- Nobody should be physically disciplined, this includes spanking of any kind by caregivers.
- Recreational drugs should be legalized and controlled, the public should be informed about the consequences of the drug use, and the restrictions should be clearly and simply defined.
- What goes on in a private bedroom between consenting adults is no business of the state. Pornography, depicting consenting adults in any depiction of lawful behavior, should be legal for the adult population. Violence and intimidation of any kind, including sexual, should be prosecuted, and if not directly covered by law, discouraged by policy.
- For a long time, I believed that voluntary adult prostitution should be legal, with imposition of prophylactic healthcare and safety measures. But since very recently, after learning about the situation in Germany in 2021, I now consider prosecution of customers and traffickers only, so called Nordic model (implemented in Sweden) as an alternative.
- Purchasing a gun should require licensing and training. Military weapon trade should be restricted and abolished over time.
- A war should be permitted exclusively as an act of defense, similar to other offenses against life. Starting a warfare if not attacked should be treated as a mass murder or an attempt of such. The leader of a country should not be able to authorize military force against any other entity without congressional or similar approval.
- The military should not assassinate suspected criminals in foreign countries.
- Police officers should wear body cameras that are always on during time of duty, and the footage should be accessible to public.
- I am against death penalty.
- In criminal justice, rehabilitation should be more important than punishment.
- I am pro voluntary medically assisted euthanasia - with a mandatory waiting period upon a reasonable request, with a therapy and other help provided for the individual who wishes to end their life prematurely.
- Every adult must participate in the democratic process and vote. Former convicted individuals should have the right to vote.
- I support a significant simplification of taxes and the removal of tax loopholes.
- I am for extensive support for small business and entrepreneurialism.
- Governments should penalize businesses that mislead the potential customers. This includes media companies.
- Universal base income for everyone instead of most welfare - saves people from exploitation, saves taxpayer money.
- Universal science based basic healthcare with a comprehensive preventative program. Private healthcare programs for more elaborate life-improving procedures can stimulate research and be of benefit for all in the future.
- Due process, due diligence.
Political Compass Infographics:
- Economic Left / Right: Left: 4.88.
- Social Libertarian / Authoritarian: Libertarian: 7.44.
I started to vote as soon as I could, and never belonged to any political party.