The artworks presented in this section are made by me, Lena Nechet, by hand and digitally.
- I make fine art because I like the immediacy of manipulating mind and matter.
- I photograph because the beauty of life is overwhelming and its moments are mysterious.
- I montage films to share admiration of beings and motion.
Art - expression of creative skill and imagination, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
Fine Art × 77
Have a look at the graphic artwork hand made by me, Lena Nechet . These are fine art objects made by applying pigments to a surface, photographed and watermarked in smaller resolution.
Most often, I work in abstract portraits and rudimentary symbolic expression.
Painting is a mode of creative expression. Paintings can be naturalistic and representational, realistic (like a portrait), abstract, narrative, symbolic (symbolist art), emotive (expressionism), or political in nature.
Art Studio × 55
In this category find everything related to my art studio for fine arts and photography: work in progress, studies, sketches and swatches, experimentation, equipment, sets, and workflow, videography rig and behind the scenes, and photographic setup and shoots.
Art Sketch × 14
- Sketchbook pages, large figure sketches, gesture drawing, anatomy studies, urban sketching, blueprints, underpainting, and work in progress.
Sketch - a rough drawing representing the chief features of an object or scene, a preliminary study.
Digital Art × 5
Art compositions created with computing devices.
Digital art is an artistic work or practice that uses digital technology.
- purely computer-generated, e.g. fractals, algorithmic art, etc.
- manipulated scanned or digital photographs;
- images created using vector graphics software,
- images drawn using a mouse, stylus, or fingers on graphic tablets.
- 3D art.
Art Design × 18
Elements and principles of art, color theory, swatches, visual communication, figure-ground perception, gestalt laws, perceptual organization, stamps, stencils, prints, posters, supergraphics, applied art pieces, content illustration, concepts expression, visualization, illustrative line work, book covers, interiors, visual plans and drafts, functional drawing, prototypes, graphic design, fashion design, needlework, decorative arts and crafts.
Design - an arrangement of elements or details in a work of art or a product, the creative art of executing aesthetic or functional visions.
- decoration, interpretation or visual explanation of a text, concept
or process, designed for integration in print and digital published
Applied arts - design and decoration of practical objects to make them aesthetically pleasing.
Color Theory × 8
Color theory in the visual arts is a practical guidance to color mixing, combinations, and applicatio
for specific visual effects
In 15th century CE, color theory principles first appeared in the writings of Leone Battista Alberti and the notebooks of Leonardo da Vinci. In the beginning of 18th century, Isaac Newton's Opticks was published.
Film × 7
Films and videography by Lena Nechet: movies and video made primarily in Southern California.
Photography × 7
Photographic portraiture, street photography, environmental portraits, events and artifacts.