The first 7 defining words (nouns) I would choose to describe myself:
- Artist - an abstract fine art painter and portraitist, enchanted by photography and videography. I always knew I will paint, but it took a couple of life-threatening events to make me drop almost everything else and dare to dive into the madness of purposeless creation. I am obsessed with composition and color, and have always been.
- Fruitarian - long-term, since 18, which suggests a lot about my lifestyle: predominantly fresh fruit and seeds-based vegan diet, environmentally-friendly attitude, avoiding buying too much, etc. I ran large ethical online communities, and still minimally maintain the data from the Fruitarian's Network. Recently I got a chance to start a small orchard, which still requires some foundational work. In the past, I paid other people to plant thousands of trees and supported wildlife protection and animal rescue causes. Now, I have propagated and planted many perennial plants myself. I donate to independent media that educate people about legal changes they can support to make the Earth more life-friendly on a global scale.
- Humanist - who can criticize the hell out of the current humanist manifesto :) I am a secular person with a deity-independent moral code. At 18, I was baptized Orthodox Christian in a long ceremony in an old monastery upon the kind request of my grandmother. Still, I am a lifelong non-theist: agnostic in regard to knowledge and atheist in regard to belief - science and character-based. I am simply unwilling to be mentally subordinate. I will protect everyone's right to believe in anything they want though - for the sake of the freedom of mind. What do I believe?
- Polyglot - as a multilingual person, I spoke several languages, and this experience made my thinking more independent from grammatical and cultural conditioning, I believe. The need to set my mind free by verbal expression made me a poet at 13, and I used this tool in each language I knew sufficiently well.
- Web Developer - I love the internet. I was happy with server programming for several years, regarding it as an art without emotions. I still enjoy it now and then. I like its clear logical structures, immediate results, and practical application of math. I am painfully aware of the loss of freedom, monopolization, and prevalence of misinformation and junk content on our networks. I try to do my part in fixing it.
- Investor - I started to invest risky and early, as a university student, with currencies and commodities, and later transitioned into mid-term stock trading, followed by index funds (ETFs). My degree is in economics, and this is how I used it. Risk-taking gives me thrills, and I need to guard myself against passionate moves (I lost a lot on alternative energy!). I dislike being in debt, so I managed to never have any serious liabilities. I believe that financial fluency and access to markets and capital-building instruments are essential rights in modern society.
- Female - I am a serially monogamous heterosexual woman, who seeks the depth of intellectual and erotic connection with one man at a time. I am rarely physically attracted to anyone, and seldom meet people with whom I see the potential to experience what I want. Nonetheless, mutual love is not only my "drug" of choice, I prioritize it in life decision making. Friendship is of almost the same importance to me, but gender plays no role. I am not family-oriented but I never dated casually. My eroticism is directly connected to a person's mind. Now, I am surprisingly happily married, to a guy who also was and stays my friend, for years - we laugh a lot.